Monday, July 29, 2013

Milestones




Sometimes I find myself starting the sentence, "I can't wait for when Luke is able to...". Well because of that I now have a baby rolling on to his belly aaaaaaaaaaaaand teething. What? No. I can wait! Geoff recalled tonight that it was just a minute ago when he was rubbing my back in the tub during my labor while we anxiously awaited seeing our son for the first time. Now he's sprouting teeth? Our baby is becoming a boy. A little big boy :(

look he even taught himself to dig his heels in, lift his butt up, and drop down to the bottom of his swing


Luke no longer enjoys viewing the world from his back. He fusses, twists,  and rocks his way over to his belly and flips his head up quickly with a smirk as if to say, 'TA DA!!". We can tell he's very proud of himself. He's happy to lay there on his belly for quite awhile just babbling, grabbing, drooling, and pounding his hands on the floor. Since this milestone, we found that he is happier on the floor for longer stretches of time, which of course comes in handy when Dad and I want to... eat, flip the laundry, change our clothes, or say hi to our pets. You know... stuff we did before we had a baby.

rolling comes with side sleeping. neat!


Just as soon as he discovered this new found ability, he rushed right on to chewing his hands, chewing the blankets, chewing our hands, drooling, drooling, drooling, and the cutest thing ever... gumming (I will post a clip of this in his upcoming 4 month video). The guy started teething in a hurry it seems. You may have noticed in some of Luke's pictures that he is wearing a rather sassy neckless. Although he actually does look incredibly adorable in it, the neckless is actually 100% baltic amber which is used medicinally in lots of different cultures for it's healing properties due most in part by the high concentrations of succinic acid this variety of amber contains. Very granola of me, I know (I still shave). It's a natural pain reliever as well as an anti-inflammatory. Sure, why not. Well I wanted to get the darker color neckless but supposedly the lighter the color the more potent it is?? I dunno.

chew chew chew




As far as the rest of the week goes, Luke and I have been walking to the clinic from our house every day, actually ever since I started work back up. I'm that lady with the backpacking pack on my back and the baby on the front. Rain or shine! (As long as it's still warm out). I figure if we were to wait for the sun to come back out, we would never walk. That being said, we walked in a downpour this week haha. 

S.E. Alaska tough.


Luckily we are getting our heat wave back and today Geoff, Luke, Ruger, Max, and myself hiked the newest extension of Carlanna Lake. Needless to say we are all conked. Here's to an entire week ahead of us full of sun and heat!






See ya next week!


-The Hageman's

2 comments:

  1. Shalie, you look beautiful! Glad things are going better for you... you have one handsome little man there:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete